Monday, August 24, 2009

something salty this way comes



Well hellooooo, American-sized box of candy from Finland!

This mega-super package of salty licorice sweets is basically my idea of candy heaven. There are some childhood favorites in there and a few new concoctions that I cannot wait to review.

I'm literally salivating as I type this. Must. Show. Restraint. This intense love of salmiak flavor can be overwhelming at times. But, I'm excited to be here on the Liquorice Lovers blog, where folks understand this intoxicating craving. U understand right??

The plan is to blog about these delectable confections before I eat them all, so licorice--er, liquorice--lovers, stay tuned... it won't be long. SRSLY. nom.

Thanks for having me, Denni.

:~j

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Denni said...

Welcome Jeela!

You have turned me into the slavering green monster of jealousy and I went online immediatedly to search for sources of the legendary Finnish salmiakki liquorice.

Sadly,the shipping costs are so astronomical that I could fly to Finland for less.

Heh—there's an idea...

3:31 AM  
Blogger mina olen said...

Thanks Denni, I hear ya! The shipping costs are what keeps me from ordering online, too.

Tho I must say, the selection at Suomikauppa is not bad!

http://www.suomikauppa.fi/index.php?cPath=24_36

A site called Memories of Finland used to have good shipping rates within the US, but, they were always out of the good stuff(grr) and look to be out of business now.

Do you know of any others?

1:16 PM  
Blogger Denni said...

I've tried the above link. They only informed me about their shipping rates after I had lovingly constructed a large and varied shopping basket (grrr).

I guess that reasonable rates were the reason why MoF always sold out. There is clearly a market for an online business of this kind!

Danfood Direct are also usually out, and they don't do things like hot and sour Tyrkisk Peber(!)

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home