Friday, July 22, 2005

Liquorice & Libido

The June issue Men's Health Magazine includes a supplement with tips for healthy living for those over 40. Although I'm not male, most of these would serve me well. Not, alas, the news that glycyrrhizic acid lowers libido as it can decrease testosterone levels.

On the other hand, another study has identified the scents of liquorice and cucumbers as potential, if unexpected, turn-ons:

According to the Chicago neurologist Dr Alan Hirsch, wafts of aftershave actually inhibit female sexual arousal. "During experiments, we found that odours thrown in as controls, such as cucumber and liquorice, were more arousing than cologne or perfume," Hirsch says. "The presence of aftershave actually suppressed the blood flow to the vagina."

***

Sorry about not posting for a while, I'm scraping the bottom of my liquorice box and what little is left is soggy or bland by now. Eventually, I will have to go on another liquorice-run. I'll give you the low-down on the flavour then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home