Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tyrkisk Peber


Made by Fazer of Helsinki, Finland, the distinctive blue bag is marked with a yellow stamp that screams 'EXTRA HOT' and a flashy icon of a little man spewing fire (while holding a thumb up).

The candy looks harmless enough and at first it tastes just like a boiled sweet; with a subtle flavour of liquorice root and anise oil. But suck it and you can feel the heat seeping through little holes which lead to the hollow centre. Here you find a vein of extra strong liquorice powder which will burn your tongue.

TP is an acquired taste. The German description on the pack ends with the warning 'Extra strong, liquorice for adults—not children' But you'll find plenty of kids enjoying the stuff in Scandinavia. The good news for them: It now comes in lollipops!

I don't go out of my way to buy it, but when I have a bag next to me I keep picking at it. Even though it makes my mouth go numb.

Rating: 6/10

1 Comments:

Blogger krigsmakten said...

You are disqualified as a liquorice lover - this stuff is heavenly. 11 out of 10 - easy!

The question is - where can I buy this in the US?

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home